We are doing everything in our power to ensure the safest environment possible while continually providing education to our students, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
One of our top priorities is protecting students, families, and staff, so our school district is following strict guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Tennessee Department of Health for the management of individuals exhibiting symptoms of, diagnosed with, or exposed to COVID-19.
Unicoi County Health Department provides no-cost COVID-19 testing Monday-Friday from 9-11 a.m.
The Tennessee Department of Health has established a COVID-19 hotline for public information: 877-857-2945 or 833-556-2476.
We ask that you please follow the attached Tennessee Department of Health COVID-19 information and guidelines for schools to determine if your child should attend their device pick up appointment the week of August 17-21.
If you have questions about this information, please contact Tammy Larkey at 423-743-1600, your medical provider, or your local health department.
Unicoi County Schools
Tammy L. Larkey, RN
Health and Safety Supervisor
Unicoi County Schools
Close contact definition
When you have spent a continuous period of time with a person that lasted 10 minutes or more, AND during that period of time, you were closer than 6 feet from that person
If you answer YES to ANY of the questions below, please DO NOT send your child to school and please do not attend your child’s appointment for device pickup. Please contact your child’s school to make arrangements for an alternate date for device pickup.
COVID-19 screening questions:
• Has your child been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
• Is your child experiencing a new cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, or stomach symptoms?
• Has your child had a fever of 100.4 degrees or greaterwithin the last 48 hours?
• Has your child had new loss of taste or smell?
• Has your child had vomiting or diarrhea within the last 24 hours?
• Is your child experiencing any of the symptoms listed below?
Signs and symptoms of COVID-19:
Most Common Signs and Symptoms
• Temperature of 100.4 F or greater
• Sore Throat
• Shortness of breath
Other Possible Signs and Symptoms
• Abdominal pain (especially in children)
• Loss of taste or smell
• Muscle or body aches
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
All students, parents, faculty and staff will have temperatures checked with a touchless thermometer upon arrival to school.