UNICOI COUNTY KINDERGARTEN PRE-REGISTRATION FOR THE 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
Director of Schools, Denise H. Brown, announces pre-registration for students entering Kindergarten in the Fall of 2013. Pre-registration is extremely important for planning your child’s educational program for the 2013-2014 school year. PLEASE BRING YOUR CHILD WITH YOU ON THE DAY OF PRE-REGISTRATION. Each child will be screened for kindergarten readiness, including speech. This will allow school personnel to be aware of any need that will require special services. The screening process will take approximately thirty (30) minutes.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTERING SCHOOL
- Kindergarten students must be five (5) years of age on or before August 31, 2013.
- Each child must have a legal BIRTH CERTIFICATE or proof of birth date document. Mother’s copy is not acceptable.
A legal birth certificate may be obtained from the Unicoi County Health Department 735-5900.
- Evidence of a physical examination given after August 1, 2012 must be presented. A state Physical Examination Record is available at your physician’s office or the Health Department. (Appointment card is acceptable for pre-registration).
- Children must have completed required immunizations. These include the DPT series, Polio series, MMR series, Hepatitis B series, Hepatitis A series and Varicella (Chicken Pox) series. Immunizations are to be documented on the State of Tennessee Immunization Certificate, which is available at your physician’s office or the Health Department.
- Documentation of proof of residency in Unicoi County is required. This documentation must be in the form of a recent utility bill (electric, cable, land line phone, gas or water). Driver’s license is NOT acceptable.
***PLEASE BRING THE ABOVE LISTED ITEMS, ALONG WITH THE CHILD’S SOCIAL SECURITY CARD WITH YOU ON THE DAY OF PRE-REGISTRATION. ***
ATTENDANCE AREAS: Students are to pre-register in the school within their attendance area. The following school attendance areas have been established by the Unicoi County Board of Education:
Temple Hill Elementary attendance area includes the top of River Hill south to the North Carolina state line. Coffee Ridge is included in this area.
Love Chapel Elementary attendance area includes the top of River Hill north to Love Street. Love Street is not part of this area. Canah Chapel areas are also included in this area.
Rock Creek Elementary attendance area includes Love Street (both sides) north up to Tenth Street (Rock Creek Road). North Main Avenue is part of this area.
Unicoi Elementary attendance area includes the area north of Tenth Street (Rock Creek Road). It does not include Tenth Street. This also includes Jackson Road, Railroad Street and streets that feed into Railroad Street.
APRIL 15 TEMPLE HILL ELEMENTARY 11 am – 6:00 pm
APRIL 16 UNICOI ELEMENTARY 11 am – 6:00 pm
APRIL 17 LOVE CHAPEL ELEMENTARY 11 am – 6:00 pm
*Registration for Love Chapel Elementary will be held at Unicoi County Middle School*
APRIL 18 ROCK CREEK ELEMENTARY 11 am – 6:00 pm
Make-up date for those unable to register during the week:
SATURDAY, MAY 18 9 am – 12 pm
Unicoi County Middle School – Pre-School Wing~ Entrance and Parking off of Unaka Way
For further information, contact Tammy Larkey at the Unicoi County Board of Education
100 Nolichucky Avenue, Erwin or call 743-1600